Last Updated: January 6, 2021
Who We Are: For the purpose of applicable data protection legislation, the data controller of your personal information is the Society for Clinical and Medical Hair Removal, 2424 American Lane, Madison, WI 53704-3102, USA.
HOW THE SOCIETY FOR CLINICAL AND MEDICAL HAIR REMOVAL, INC., USES THIS INFORMATION
We use the information we collect in the following ways:
- To establish your membership record when you join or renew your membership;
- To register you for a conference or educational event;
- To deliver services, such as educational programs;
- To provide you with information about the society;
- To deliver information via the society newsletter;
- To alert you to special offers or upcoming events;
- To process your order, and if necessary, to contact you about your order, membership, or registration;
- To help us create and publish content most relevant to you;
- To contact you regarding additional services or features;
- To request your feedback about your experience with the Society for Clinical and Medical Hair Removal;
- To send you promotional communications. You may opt-out of receiving such information at any time. Such marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out”;
- To send you administrative communications. These may include administrative emails, confirmations, technical notices, updates, and security alerts;
- To respond to your comments and questions and provide you with user support; and
- To allow you access to members-only areas of the website.
HOW WE SHARE THIS INFORMATION
The Society for Clinical and Medical Hair Removal’s “Find a Clinician” database is available to the public. Participation in this directory is optional, and you must give us consent to include your information. Personal information will not be released to third parties except to further member benefits and to comply with the law, for example:
- To fulfill a member service, such as releasing information to the journal publisher to ensure each member receives access to Dermascope. Personal information will be accessed when responding to an email inquiry.
- To third-party service providers who maintain the association website. We require third-party vendors to verify that they do not use the personal information for any other purpose than to provide the administrative services outlined in their service contract.
- To complete a purchase for any product offered by a third-party provider.
- To protect against potential fraud, personal and credit card information is verified through a third-party credit card processor.
- To comply with applicable laws or to comply with lawful requests or court orders and legal process, including responding to requests from public and government authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
When we use the term “anonymous data,” we are referring to data and information that doesn’t permit you to be individually identified, either alone or when combined with any other information available to a third party. We may create anonymous data from the personal data we receive about you and other individuals whose personal data we collect. Anonymous data might include analytics information and information collected by us using cookies. We make personal data into anonymous data by excluding information, such as your name, that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this anonymous data to analyze usage patterns to make improvements to our website and service offerings.
FORUMS AND PUBLIC POSTING AREAS
Please note that any information you include in a message posted in a forum or other public posting area is available to anyone who visits the website. Please be very careful when deciding to post publicly identifiable information, such as email address, in any public forums.
The Society for Clinical and Medical Hair Removal uses website security measures consistent with current best practices to protect its website, email, and mailing lists. These measures include technical, procedural, monitoring, and tracking intended to safeguard data from unauthorized access, loss, or misuse. Credit card information is transmitted using secure socket layer (SSL) encryption. No credit card information is stored with the membership record or on the Society website. Should any indication of misuse occur, the Society will move quickly to isolate the problem and restore functionality. The Society will notify the relevant authorities of any incident of misuse. In the event of a data breach, we will notify affected subjects in accordance with law and best practices.
The Society for Clinical and Medical Hair Removal uses Google Analytics, a service that collects information anonymously and reports website trends without identifying individual visitors. Google Analytics uses its own cookie to track visitor interactions. To learn more about the information collected by Google Analytics, please visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/.
The Society for Clinical and Medical Hair Removal uses Google reCAPTCHA, which identifies bots by collecting hardware and software information and sending that data to Google for analysis. To learn more about Google reCAPTCHA, please visit https://www.google.com/recaptcha/intro/invisible.html and https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Opt-out. We communicate with our members regularly through email. We confirm payments via email and send information about membership dues, webinar registration, etc. payments. We limit the use of these types of email to ensure clear lines of communications. However, we also will update members and recent members about new products and services, upcoming events, abstract submission deadlines, newsletters, and other general information about the association and its annual business. Each of these emails will include an “unsubscribe” link that will allow you to opt-out of any promotional email. We caution that once you have unsubscribed, you no longer will receive promotional email from the association. You can’t opt-out of receiving administrative communications.
Access. You can access the information we hold about you at any time by viewing your membership record on the website www.scmhr.org or by contacting us directly.
Amend. You are able to correct any inaccuracies in your membership record through the member-only section of the website. Or you can contact us to update or correct any inaccuracies in your personal information.
Move. Your personal information is portable. You have the flexibility to move your data to other service providers as you wish.
Erase and forget. In certain situations, for example when the information we hold about you no longer is relevant or is incorrect, you can request that we erase your data. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at [email protected] or +1 (608) 443-2470. In your request, please make clear what personal information you would like removed, or whether you would like to exercise your right to have your record completely deleted. For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as possible. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions you began prior to requesting the change or deletion unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (for example, for regulatory purposes).