Code of Ethics
Members of SCMHR agree to adhere to a strict Code of Ethics, promoting efficient service and professional conduct. We encourage all of our members to observe these practices in order to remain in good standing with the Society.
- Each hair removal specialist shall keep his/her knowledge updated by continuing education programs through his/her professional life. SCMHR requires participation in such programs at least once every five years.
- Each hair removal specialist shall give the highest quality professional service within his/her capabilities.
- Each hair removal specialist shall use state-of-the-art techniques or methods of hair removal.
- No guarantee of anything beyond the professional competence of the hair removal specialist will be offered to the patient.
- Hair removal specialists must operate within their scope of practice pertaining to their specialty.
- All hair removal specialists must maintain exemplary standards of personal conduct, honesty, integrity and dedication to professional service.
- Each hair removal specialist must hold all information pertaining to the patient in the strictest confidence.
- Hair removal specialists are asked to not include fees for services rendered in any advertising; to avoid any claim regarding the number of hairs that can be treated in a specified time; to not advertise by means of neon or flashing electric signs; to not make any misrepresentation, false, fraudulent, or misleading statements through the process, circulating advertising matter, radio, TV, display signs or other promotions.