At the conclusion of this presentation, the learner will be able to:
- Discuss and explain the root cause & definition of a medical error, the places in which it occurs and the people who are responsible, the financial implications and the public’s fear.
- Discuss and explain the definition and scope of practice of Skin Care Therapist.
- Discuss and explain bow to prevent a medical error using proper documentation, charting, communication skills, hygiene and continuing education.
- Proper hand washing protocol.
- Describe and implicate the possible medical errors Skin Care Therapist may encounter through contraindication due to pathologies and medications.
- Describe and articulate the requirements for skin care establishment.
- Discuss and define the requirements for continuing education courses that qualify toward a safer practice.